Thank you for joining us for tea, what beverage are you actually enjoying during this interview?
At this moment I’m drinking chocolate-mint tea from Kusmi Tea.
1. Why photography?
Because I love playing with lights, and that I do think a photo speaks millions of words.
2. Half Frame? Full Frame? Square Format? Etc? Which is your favorite format to shoot in and why?
Any format, really, as long as it works.
3. Five things that are always in your camera bag:
Camera, flash, tripod, torch and Yoda.
4. Time, space and reality are no longer relevant. You have one hour to photograph the person you always dreamt of. Who is it and why?
Seriously, Yoda, because he sees things in a simple way, and always knows what to say and do. Besides, he drinks tea, when he drinks tea.
5. If you had to choose just one image to represent your work which would you choose, and why?
This photo represents me, because I love photographing in the music biz. I get to travel, and meet a lot of cool people.
I shot this photo of Mike Patton, when I was allowed to be a fly on the wall at a Faith No More show @Orange Stage, Roskilde Festival 2009.
6. What was your best happy accident?
I accidently fell when I was hiking @Maderia, Portugal, but I missed a dog poo by 2 inches. That made me happy, though my foot got hurt.
7. With or without a camera, what is your perfect day?
My perfect day is, when I wake up to a sunny morning. I love the rain as well, but not in the morning.
8. Now’s your chance to be among the pantheon of quotable genius like Ben Franklin, Winston Churchill, and Karl Pilkington, give us your iconic quote/phrase.
“Drink tea, when you drink tea” – Sanne Vinter
9. What is the biggest lesson you have learned so far that has impacted your photography?
Don’t get nervous when I photograph someone who’s of great inspiration to me.
10. If your life were a movie, what song would play when the credits started to roll?
Eagles of Death Metal - ‘Speaking In Tongues’
Have a lovely photographic day,
For more, visit SanneVinter.com